TO BECOME A SUBSTITUTE IN OUR SCHOOL DISTRICT, YOU SHOULD POSSESS THE FOLLOWING:
- A valid NJ Teaching Certificate OR
- A valid State of New Jersey Substitute Teacher's Credential (required ONLY for substitute teacher/coach) *Substitute Nurses : If you do not possess a school nurse certificate, you must apply for a State of New Jersey Substitute Teacher's Credential and provide current RN license and transcripts.
APPLICATION INFORMATION FOR NBTSCHOOLS SUBSTITUTES
We would like to thank you for your interest in the North Brunswick Township Public Schools. We are looking for qualified substitutes who are committed to positively interacting with our students, working collaboratively with our staff and keeping our program moving forward while a regular teacher is absent. We appreciate your interest in the North Brunswick Township Schools.
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THE NJDOE HAS UPDATED THE PROCESS FOR OBTAINING SUBSTITUTE CERTIFICATION.
Please visit https://www.nj.gov/education/license/sub/process.htm or see the steps listed below:
TO APPLY FOR A STATE OF NEW JERSEY SUBSTITUTE TEACHER'S CREDENTIAL:
STEP #1: Pay administrative fees for the criminal history background clearance on the New Jersey Department of Education Criminal History Website ($11).
STEP #2: Go to the IdentoGO website in order to:
- Schedule an appointment
- Pay fingerprinting fees ($67.45 for those who have never been fingerprinted in NJ)
- Fill out IdentoGO New Jersey Universal Fingerprint Form
- Get fingerprinted – make sure to bring the following:
- Picture ID (Note: Foreign passports will no longer be accepted as proof of identification)
- IdentoGO NJ Universal Fingerprint Form
STEP #3: Apply for the Substitute Credential Online Apply online in the Teacher Certification Information System (TCIS) for the substitute credential and pay the $125.00 application fee.
Questions concerning technical use of TCIS may be resolved by emailing TCIStechassist@doe.nj.gov.
Upon completion of the online application, applicants should record their individual Tracking Number generated by TCIS during the application process, and then provide the following information/documentation with your tracking number to Middlesex County Office of Education (please contact them prior for times of operation) Phone: 732-249-2900 Fax: 732-296-6567
- Sealed college transcripts proving at least 60 college credit hours (substitute credential) OR signed letter from employer documenting work experience (CTE substitute credential only).
- Approved criminal history status check
STEP #4: Fill out NBTSchools Online Application
Should you have any questions regarding your Online Application please call Domenica Tavella (732) 289-3013
Substitute Rates 2020/2021 School Year:
School Nurses: $225